Analyzing of the Amazon.com Orders.
Happy owners of the Amazon.com account and the PowerBI Desktop Application can enjoy of first days of new year and analyze how they spent money with Amazon for several past years.
The first step to creating this dashboard is to export your order history from Amazon.com.
- Navigate to www.amazon.com and click on “Your Account”
- Under the heading “Order History”, click on “Download Order Report”
- The next screen will allow you to select which data to export and the date range desired. Keep the report type set to Items to get the breakdown of categories in the dashboard above. Make your selection and click on “Request Report”. The report will be processed and will appear in your report list below. Download this .csv file to your local machine to use as the data source in the Power BI template in the next step.
Next, download the Power BI Template from here and continue with the following steps:
- Download here and open the attached AmazonOrdersTemplate.pbit file and open it in Power BI Desktop
- A popup box appears asking for the full path of the .csv file exported in the above steps. Provide the full path to the file on your computer and click the “Load” button in the bottom right. (TIP: Make sure the file is closed or you’ll hit an error here. If so, close the file and relaunch the Power BI template)
Analyzing of the Total Amount by Year chart I was surprised that I have started spend more and more money on Amazon. Good for Amazon.
Thank you Samuel Lester for idea to analyze of Amazon.com Orders and article https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/samlester/2016/12/16/power-bi-12-days-of-dashboards-day-5-amazon-com-order-history-dashboard/